Stanford University HAAS Center for Public Service - A wonderful place to work while I was a student in school! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stanford University HAAS Center for Public Service

"A wonderful place to work while I was a student in school!"

Former Employee - Intern in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Stanford University HAAS Center for Public Service part-time

Pros

The Haas Center for Public Service is filled with people who care deeply about educating, mentoring, and connection students to opportunities. Everyone I met there was extremely approachable and passionate about public service.

Cons

The only con I can think of is not getting involved in the Center earlier. Many students get really involved with the Center's work and that could be intimidating for students who just recently discovered it but that only speaks to the depth of the relationship that the staff has with students.

Other Employee Reviews for Stanford University HAAS Center for Public Service

1. "Premium university to conduct research"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Scholar in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Scholar in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford University HAAS Center for Public Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent mentors and colleagues, friendly laid-back attitude but rigorous research.

Cons

Cost of living is expensive for a postdoc salary.

2. "Love the Haas Center"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Stanford University HAAS Center for Public Service as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great community, appreciate allowing students to delve into public service with an academic interest and make that sustainable

Cons

It's decentralized, as Stanford is - can be frustrating in trying to get things done and collaboration between departments.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing and allowing students and staff to learn and serve through the countless opportunities you provide.