Stanley Black & Decker - There has been a lot of promises however........ | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

"There has been a lot of promises however........"

Current Employee - Field Service Tech in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Field Service Tech in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stanley Black & Decker full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Top quality product within the industry. Very easy to repair. The stock for both the service vans and shop is always in good order.

Cons

High pressure to complete task on time. Their I.T. department leaves a lot to be desired. Had a service request in for my lap top.....I had a call from them 2 months later!

Advice to Management

Don't bring your work home with you!

Other Employee Reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

"Feild Marketing"

I worked at Stanley Black & Decker full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people - good experiences - cool product - fun events and perks.

Cons

Upper management - Pay is not so good - Legacy Stanley management has no clue how to run a power tool business - Company culture changed since merger - Constant layoffs - I'm afraid that the DeWalt brand is being watered down.

Advice to Management

Don't lay off large quantities of your employees and then give yourselves 6 million + bonuses.

2. "A people company with great people"

Former Employee - Hrd in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Hrd in London, England (UK)

I worked at Stanley Black & Decker full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Les Ireland provided strong positive leadership : both working 'hands on' and sharing his own experiences as he worked within B & D, as well as providing the right level of leadership and gravitas and a person people aspired to become in their own careers.
    People led with their hearts not just their heads which brought results to another level : the commitment and enthusiasm was infectious, the can do attitude and going the extra mile was a happy norm.

Cons

May be needed a bit more process to capture some of the excellence and skills that employees had to give and make some of the results driven work repeatable through simple processes.
    Potentially a bit more research into competitors and commercial USPs of others would have made a very good company great.
    The US could have looked a bit more to some of the progressive initiatives being drivin in both Latin America and EMEA, then I think the market downturn would have not had such an impact.

Advice to Management

Share 'best practice' across the globe : it doesn't just work regionally 80% of some extremely robust and commercially rich initiatives would have really driven profit, expanded catagories and driven sales.