Stanley Black & Decker - Supportive team members, great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

"Supportive team members, great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Ops Analyst in Towson, MD
Current Employee - Sales Ops Analyst in Towson, MD

I have been working at Stanley Black & Decker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great supply chain team, internal advancement opportunities, competitive pay, supportive managers, fortune 500 company, opportunities to get merit bonuses (one time cash award for going above and beyond),

Cons

bad bonus system (only senior managers and above), yearly merit increases could be better, once a month pay in the middle of the month, employee perks are so-so, constant drive to lower costs with no concessions to employees (taking away regular telecommuting days, discouraging telecommuting when employee needs it, etc)

Advice to Management

don't think twice about letting your employees advance and/or go to different departments - keeping strong employees will help SBD be a stronger company.

Other Employee Reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

1. "Great place to work, but nothing is perfect"

Former Employee - Information Technology in New Britain, CT
    Former Employee - Information Technology in New Britain, CT

I worked at Stanley Black & Decker full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some managers allow flexibility in your working hours. For example, work 14 hour days for a week, you might get to leave early or get to leave early a day or two. Some managers allow you to work from home - others forbid it.

Salary is competitive with other companies of their size and industry. Benefits are basic, however for a company in the 'insurance state' you would think the premiums would be less, but they are not, but still lower than others in the area.

Cons

Too many managers and not enough people to do actual work. Deadwood is not asked to 'seek employment elsewhere'.

Since the merger, many changes to reduce headcount resulted in the wrong people being kept and the better people being eliminated. Restructuring to move departments to a different state/region eliminated people who knew the company and the job, and replaced them with people who are not familiar with the processes.

WIN! recognition program is a great idea, and Managers are encouraged to give out the awards, but only a select few actually do it. We're talking about monetary awards as little as $250.00 and they can't even do that!

Advice to Management

Rather than just reorganize to centralize departments, how about allowing the people to stay and work remotely? Why not have the best person for the job, rather than the person who is geographically most convenient?

2. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Market Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Market Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Stanley Black & Decker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, benefits and perks. I got to travel a ton and meet a lot of great people. Super good exposure to a public company. Had a sweet 2008 Silverado. Learned a lot about account management.

Cons

Lower pay than I wanted. It seemed like you had to play the 'game' to move up. I wanted to apply for a field sales role and my national sales manager said no because I had only been in my current position for 18 months. That should not be a factor in applying for a position.

Advice to Management

Offer a better comp plan based on individual success.