Stanley Steemer International - Hard working crew and management team. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stanley Steemer International

"Hard working crew and management team."

Pros

I like the fact there's no salary cap for the technicians. You can also transfer / relocate to any corporate branch in the country. And finally, Independency.

Cons

You work long hours and you never know what time you get off. Being on call for after hour water damages can deffanently interfere with your personal life.

Advice to Management

Management is doing the best they can do to provide a fun and healthy work environment. Being that we are at work more then home, everyone looks at each other like family.

Other Employee Reviews for Stanley Steemer International

"decent money on the occassion, but thats it."

Former Employee - Carpet Technician
    Former Employee - Carpet Technician

Pros

you don't have to sit around in one place all day, your always on the move, plus if your a good salesman you can sell some cleaning services under the table and have some extra money for yourself.

Cons

The hours are ridiculously long, you never know when youre going to get off work. I pulled more than a few 14 hour days. They make you drive all over the place, you don't stay in just one area, you go all over the place, many days my partner and i would easily put 200-250 miles on the van easily. The money is never consistent, my checks would be up and down all the time. You don't get paid for all the driving that you have to do. If they schedule you two jobs and then your next one isnt until 4 oclock, they make you sit around for 6 hours and wait, keep in mind your doing this totally for free. My boss' brother worked at the company as well, and gave him all the big money houses and the rest of us had to share all the 99 dollar specials. They will hire anybody. The majority of the technicians at the location i worked at had all done jail time, or were on probation. Drug use in the vans was not uncommon either. I wouldn't reccomend this job to anyone, stear clear of this place and shoot for another cleaning company, they can't be as bad as this place.

Advice to Management

drug test your employees and maybe even a background check. Give employees set hours, most of the reasons the guys i knew quit was because they were tired of pulling 13 hours a day, 5 days a week without getting any over time because they are commission paid.

2. "Great management staff, lots of hours."

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

Great Management Staff. Bonus potential

Cons

Too many hours at times. More communication from top to bottom

Advice to Management

Keep working hard