Stantec - Did did not utilize my skill set | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stantec

"Did did not utilize my skill set"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Coordinator in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Coordinator in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Pros

Very easy jobs, no pressure from uppe management

Cons

Lack of motivation, ok salary, ok beneftis, "who you know mentality of promotions".

Advice to Management

Don't promote just because someone has been with the company for X amount of years

Other Employee Reviews for Stantec

"I enjoyed working at Stantec, and met some great people while I was there."

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

Pros

HR was recognized as an important business parter to operations, and had real credibility. Managers at all levels valued what we brought to the table.

Cons

Management changes at senior levels in HR ended up severely damaging our credibility with operations, and too little was done too late to fix that. Regarding acquisitions, due diligence only seemed to be done on a target's books without any thought to whether the cultures would mesh well.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to a potential acquisition's culture, not just at the senior management level. Be more willing to acknowledge mistakes with employees and take action to resolve them rather than ignoring the problem in the hopes it will go away. (Usually the wrong employee goes away when you do that.)

2. "Stantec as a good starting point for my career."

Former Employee - Marketing Team Leader
    Former Employee - Marketing Team Leader

Pros

Opportunity to work on global projects. Talented and experienced team. Interesting subject matter.

Cons

Depending on department you are working in, leadership can be poor with a lack of transparency.

Advice to Management

Implement anonymous 360 degree feedback so you can get a better understanding of how your leadership is really performing.