Stantec - Working in an underappreciated sector (Enviromental Services) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stantec

"Working in an underappreciated sector (Enviromental Services)"

I have been working at Stantec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work culture locally: good co-workers, telework, dogs. However, this doesn't seem to be the case with other PCs (profit centres). Good benefits package.

Cons

Since the acquisition, relations have become increasingly strained with mandates coming from the top (and little else). Management in my PC so stressed about revenue that it spills over to most employees in the office. We've lost many opportunities due to large corporate overhead and steep rates. Billable time is overly important and even junior staff are expected to be finding work to keep themselves utilized.

Other Employee Reviews for Stantec

1. "senior project manager 10 years"

I worked at Stantec part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Allowed me to work <40 hr/wk, and keep all benefits (prorated leave). Great coworkers in my office and those I collaborated with throughout North America. Smart, motivated professionals.

Cons

Insufficient support when transitioning a purchased firm into the Stantec way. Lack of corporate incentives for collaboration between offices and disciplines.

"King of the Hill"

I worked at Stantec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If your highly competative and like to constantly push yourself to be the best this is the place. Take risks to stay on top. They like doers and trend setters.

Cons

Its hard to alawys be the king of the hill. When someone eclipes you its like you didn't exist. The fight can be exhaisting and when you do excel don't expect to be compensed for your efforts.

Advice to Management

Its dog eat dog. Don't whine, do! Don( expect mentoring, do expect training.