Stantec - Stantec is corporate heavy. | Glassdoor

"Stantec is corporate heavy."

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Stantec full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some genuinely good hardworking surveyors, engineers and managers who deserve to be acknowledged and rewarded. The only good thing about this company is 10 paid holidays.

Cons

It’s all about looking good on paper. Upper Management doesn’t quite care about the employees as long as the money keeps coming. Performance is not appreciated at all. Raises are very minimal for regular employees and bonuses are only for the upper management. Employee retention is a BIG problem because of lack of appreciation for hard work. Stantec has an yearly performance review system in place which is a JOKE. Hourly Employees are rewarded with raises as little as a few cents. The benefits are very sub-standard. Stantec really needs to talk more to its employees about their goals and career objectives like they care, not just to satisfy some corporate paperwork requirement.

Advice to Management

My advice to Stantec is to slow down a little bit and actually think about its employees than sending pointless emails about corporate earnings and irrelevant rankings. Maybe its one of the larger engineering companies to work for but the mid level and entry level employees are definitely not valued enough. I quit, and I am sure there will be many more to follow soon.

Stantec2018-04-28
  1. "Good and modern"

Current Employee - Engineering in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Stantec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Location, office set up , staff

Cons

Parking situation. Too many smaller projects not enough larger ones

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Stantec2019-12-14
  2. "Great brand and office culture, but...."

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Stantec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Personally like the way Stantec brands itself; fair compensation package; generally strong office culture and morale; encouragement for professional growth through company/external programs; flexible work schedules and office locations. For non-marketing staff, it seems like a great place to work and grow.

Cons

As marketing, working with practitioners can be difficult, varying across business lines. It can feel like we (marketers) are not empowered or valued at times and are more admin staff than content contributors. Not entirely sure of what the career trajectory is, or how to evolve from the role. Someone referenced many corporate layers, and I agree with that- everything seems to come "down the chain" and the management structure is pretty unclear.

Advice to Management

Clearly define a career path and promotion structure, especially for people starting their marketing career in this industry. Encourage the prioritization of Marketing/BD efforts to technical staff.

Stantec2020-01-08

Discover more reviews about Stantec.