Stantec - A company that cares about the well being of its employees | Glassdoor
  1. "A company that cares about the well being of its employees"

Current Employee - Senior Architectural Historian in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Stantec full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Sacramento office of Stantec is ideally located as we have both a strong architecture and engineering services. Our Environmental Services group benefits from this as we have huge opportunity to work for a wide variety of clients. As someone who has worked with another large engineering firm previously, Stantec works much harder to ensure integration of disciplines across the company. I routinely get to work with other specialists across the company and we collaborate on projects. I have found I get paid higher than my competitors who have similar years experience. There is a fair amount of upward mobility.

Cons

Top heavy management structure. While the majority of upper management is high quality, hiring sometimes skews towards hiring the level of staff rather than quality mid and lower level.

Stantec2018-12-10
  1. "Good and modern"

Current Employee - Engineering in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Stantec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Location, office set up , staff

Cons

Parking situation. Too many smaller projects not enough larger ones

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Stantec2019-12-14
  2. "Great brand and office culture, but...."

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Stantec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Personally like the way Stantec brands itself; fair compensation package; generally strong office culture and morale; encouragement for professional growth through company/external programs; flexible work schedules and office locations. For non-marketing staff, it seems like a great place to work and grow.

Cons

As marketing, working with practitioners can be difficult, varying across business lines. It can feel like we (marketers) are not empowered or valued at times and are more admin staff than content contributors. Not entirely sure of what the career trajectory is, or how to evolve from the role. Someone referenced many corporate layers, and I agree with that- everything seems to come "down the chain" and the management structure is pretty unclear.

Advice to Management

Clearly define a career path and promotion structure, especially for people starting their marketing career in this industry. Encourage the prioritization of Marketing/BD efforts to technical staff.

Stantec2020-01-08

Discover more reviews about Stantec.