Stantec - It's true, you're just a number. But you are also afforded diversity. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stantec

"It's true, you're just a number. But you are also afforded diversity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Stantec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large diversity in project scopes and disciplines.
Great benefits and company stock matching.
I was lucky enough to have fair and successful work sharing across various offices.
Large potential for climbing the corporate ladder, but at what cost?

Cons

All that matters is that your timesheet is entered on Friday's and that you maintain high utilization or the hammer comes down.
Profit center structure encourages competition of the wrong kind, within the company.
Too much personnel turnover.
Entire company vision seems to be achieved through acquisitions and less organic growth. This lends to the high turnover rate.
Top heavy, too much management and not enough production staff.
I felt under-valued for the type of work completed.

Advice to Management

Most employees I knew who left, left because you drove them into the ground and you kept on pushing. If you don't have the personnel locally to work on projects, don't submit proposals stating that you have the personnel just so you can win the big buck contracts.

Other Employee Reviews for Stantec

"Mediocre"

Former Employee - Field Geologist in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Field Geologist in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Stantec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had great benefits, a mostly comfortable environment and had morale boosting events. You did get some recognition for good work and you were not slave driven. You are left alone to take care of your work and are not micro managed. I really liked working there, but poor management and a bad economy lead to my dismissal.

Cons

Most office specific than company wide. My office was top heavy. More managers than field workers and the sad part is with a 4/1 PM/Field Geologst ratio, they can still only support one with work for over 4 years. People with highly unqualified skills doing jobs that require college degrees, but still gets paid as such. Friends and butt kissing definitely play a hand. If the office manager was not so concerned about traveling, fishing & golfing all the time, he could actually focus on drumming up more work than having fun all the time. My immediate manager was always too busy to provide work for me eventhough I was specifically hired to work on her big project. Work was often given those who did not need it or to friends of family to pay favors. Some of the people in the office were and still are superfluous.

"I enjoyed the culture but felt under appreciated."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Stantec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good learning experience right out of college. Friendly office experience.

Cons

Not competitive salary-wise, at least at the bottom. Poor annual review process. No raises or even cost of living raises. Forced employees to use their vacation days the week after Christmas for 2 years in a row.

Advice to Management

Give US branches more holidays to be comparable to what the Canada branches get.