Staples - It's an okay part time job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Staples

"It's an okay part time job"

Former Employee - Copy Center Associate in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Copy Center Associate in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Staples part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, expectations are made clear from the start. Good training.

Cons

Management is inconsistent with your hours. Pay raises are not guaranteed and there are minimal benefits.

Advice to Management

Treat your veteran employees better.

Other Employee Reviews for Staples

1. "Dishonest, tangled management"

Former Employee - Copy and Print in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Copy and Print in Salem, OR

I worked at Staples part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Copy / Print center. It meant most of the time people weren't giving me extraneous tasks outside of my area.

Cons

Customers are expectant and condescending. Management wants us to make 'one time deals' with customers that result in customers expecting lower prices every time they come in. Corporate changes running offers without letting associates know. Pay grade for what is a specialized job is demeaning and will not sustain you on the hours you could get, which more often than not comes from covering someone elses shift (with about half an hour advanced notice).

Advice to Management

Hire new people at an actual competitive starting pay and they might overlook how poorly the store is managed

2. "Staples Advantage"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Staples full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The key to success of managing your own territory. Actually, whatever it takes to make you successful. Staples is a marketing icon and progressing on the cutting the cutting edge, of technology and humor.

Cons

The biggest disadvantage there is no room for advancement regardless of what you have accomplished or how long you have been in your position. Also, after 12 months of closing business your commission is only for 12 months and after 12 months staples and account managers get paid off the business but you will not.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at long term commissions on existing business and have two reps no more than 3 per state. Smaller states with less cities should only have two reps to maximize growth. Other wise staples will continue to cycle through reps.