Staples - Ever Evolving | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Ever Evolving"

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Staples full-time

Pros

Managers who care about you. Fast paced. Strong focus on the customer.

Cons

Little flexibility in hours. Micromanaged by field teams. Few opportunities for growth within market.

Other Employee Reviews for Staples

1. "Hell on earth"

Former Employee - Copy Center Associate in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Copy Center Associate in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Staples part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a culture, the people who work at Staples tend to have a sense of solidarity and formed familial ties with me during my time as copy and print associate. Working was made bearable by having friendly peers.

Cons

The importance they place on the Customer service satisfaction mystery shops-In the department of Copy and Print particularly. It is constantly busy and in order to score 100% you basically have to upsell certain services. Where this falls apart is: The mystery shoppers never spend more than 20 dollars, so they bring in small projects, and while the copy center is bustling, the natural inclination is to quickly complete the mystery shopper's small job and continue working on the bigger projects. Thus, the upselling is overlooked. In the entire year that I was there Not a ONE of us passed the CSAT, and it's silly because it's flawed by design.

Advice to Management

The General Manager by the time I left Staples was a very rude and unprofessional woman who prompted calls to HR from myself and my co-workers; none of which ever seemed to be resolved. I would suggest that Staples take the complaints of its workforce more seriously and try to better solve these types of issues before they explode. (which happens)

2. "Wonderful Company to work for"

Current Employee - Resident Easy Tech
    Current Employee - Resident Easy Tech

I have been working at Staples full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the reasons that i started at staples was that i saw growth and opertunity within the company due to its starting area of easy tech. I applyed and was hired almost in no time due to my experience in the past. i started off as the resident tech, and i have moved to several stores due to life. however in the 3 states that i have worked for i have never been treated with disrespect or anything like that. They are a fantastic company to work for and i see nothing but a bright future for them in the easy tech area. it took a while for them to build copy center...just as it will take time to build easy tech. they are a company worth investing your time and future into!

Cons

I have never had any BIG complaints while working for staples. the only thing i wish they would take a deeper look at and asses is thier procedure for loss prevention. not the best on earth. but thats outside my power. I know alot of the associates complain about how much they get paid. but again i have never been treated unfairly and again its out of my control!

Advice to Management

I think that Management does well in thier interactions with the employees at least in the stores that i have worked at. some better than others. we all have faults.