Staples - Happy, as long as we keep reinventing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Staples

"Happy, as long as we keep reinventing."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Framingham, MA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Staples full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Major re-invention, second largest eCommerce player, great team.

Cons

Large bureaucracy, some holdovers from the retail mindset.

Advice to Management

Be bolder, act more like a private company.

Other Employee Reviews for Staples

1. "Terrible Company, With INEXPERIENCED Management"

Former Employee - Easy Tech Expert/Tech Supervisor in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Easy Tech Expert/Tech Supervisor in Miami, FL

I worked at Staples full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly staff is nice. That's about it

Cons

Company cares more abut numbers then its employees. They expect more from you yet pay you less and less. They DO NOT promote from within, and the managers they hire are inexperienced. They deny their customers product if they do not buy the extended warranty. Hourly Employees are expected to work off the clock, when the store is over hour. If you refuse they threaten your job and say things like Walmart is always hiring. Walmart is probably a much better company then this one. Threats from District Managers, if hourly employees can sell warranty "YOU SEND THEM HOME!"

Advice to Management

Company need to be completely resturcted, and come up with a better business plan. Take care of the employees in the store, people will actually work when you pay them well and actually treat them right. When you have cashiers getting paid 7.75 and technicians 8.25 and managers getting paid 35,000. Its no wonder people rather leave to go to McDoanlds. At least there they get free food.

2. "Just Terrible"

Current Employee - Staples EasyTech Associate
    Current Employee - Staples EasyTech Associate

I have been working at Staples part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some great staff, close bond created with staff at my store.

Cons

Corporate policies, bad management trying to enforce horrible policies. If only corporate and store level management knew how to inspire staff. Everyday management is complaining and force you to sell something that is not in your or the customers best interest.

Advice to Management

Get rid of "MATRIX". Who ever came up with this should be fired! Waste of my time trying to baby sit and make sure everything is to "Your" standards, doesn't safe me anytime. Also I would incentivize your sales staff more. They are not motivated to sell. Also Staples Stars is useless as well. Another dumb idea from someone in corporate. Worked here for 7 years and it is embarrassing to see this company fail every year. It just keeps getting worst. I really don't think there is any way to safe this company they way it is. You have crushed your workers morale. Cutting there hours, always threating them to sell something or else. Also trying to grow with this company is a joke. I have tried so hard to grow with this company, it is almost impossible. I was there best cashier with great CSAT compliments 15 (5's) one month. Went to Easy Tech later on. Became #2 in sales with half the hours as the top saleman in the store. I was demoted to office supplies for no good reason. 2 weeks later they wanted me back? But of course while working is Office supplies I was required to help sell in Easy Tech? I complained to HR, which is useless. They come and talk and do nothing every time. Doesn't matter how much effort you put in your job, what matters to staples is if you got ahead by being cut throat. Great Job Staples. What happened to this company? I could go on and on. Bye Bye Staples!