Staples - Staples is the land of opportunity! For it's associates, it's customers and it's investors! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Staples

"Staples is the land of opportunity! For it's associates, it's customers and it's investors!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Framingham, MA
Current Employee - Human Resources in Framingham, MA

Pros

Staples is a place of integrity, with a leadership team of highly ethical business leaders. Treatment to the customers is held to that standard as well. There is a pride that is apparent for those of us who work at Staples. It is a young company that has accomplished much in a short time, but doing things right! For me, it has allowed me to use my talents and to contribute to the progress of the company in my area of expertise.

Cons

With the company being only a little over 20 yrs old, the growth sometimes out grows the technology. This is probably the only downside. The strides I have seen in the past 5 years is impressive. The company is trying to ramp up with technology that eases the lag time or down time. While we have a way to go there, we definitely have the support team to get us there!

Advice to Management

Keep it simple!!

Other Employee Reviews for Staples

"Staples is a terrible place"

Current Employee - Cashier in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Tempe, AZ

Pros

It is easy to get away with things at Staples. The managers are so incompetent that don't even know where you are half the time. If you are an associate in the office supply department get a ladder and climb on top of the shelves and hide from customers and supervisors. Also you can sneak off in the midle of your shifts and take lots of breaks. You will need to do this because selling sheet protectors to some 75 year old that doesn't have a clue in what they want will drive you nuts.

Cons

Long grueling hours listening to customers complain. Managers that don't care about their store and don't have an idea on how to run a store.

Advice to Management

Senior Management doesn't give a crap about their employees and they should start to get a clue or their precious store is going down.

2. "Like my job - need more money!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

The company has great people and benefits

Cons

we are given too many accounts to handle - and too many duties to effectively perform any of them with excellence.
    I am not paid enough.

Advice to Management

be more realist when setting goals and required monthly activities.
    Work our job for a month...