StarTek - Very unprofessional HR and Management Depts. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for StarTek

"Very unprofessional HR and Management Depts."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mansfield, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mansfield, OH

I worked at StarTek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no "pros" for this company. Please see "Cons".

Cons

Very unprofessional management staff. Extremely high attrition rate. No professional dress code. I came to work dressed professionally and my contemporaries thought I was a member of management. I came from a large firm in a big city where business was conducted in a particular fashion. This company fell incredibly short of even the smallest level of professionalism both in management, and staff.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for StarTek

1. "Outstanding until you're Outsourced"

Former Employee - Escalations Specialist in Laramie, WY
    Former Employee - Escalations Specialist in Laramie, WY

I worked at StarTek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good environment, positive, team building. Chances to move up within company, always open to said opportunities, keep on track with strict break times, clock ins and outs as well as efficiency all around with work.

Cons

Outsourcing. Multiple locations have been outsourced. Trying to move onward and upward is hard to do, when ever location I leave near keeps getting outsourced.

Advice to Management

Got advice from corporate managers and trainers on how to make my way into our clients' company ladder.

"Don't work for this company"

Current Employee - @ Home Tech Support in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - @ Home Tech Support in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at StarTek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home, when you do get to work from home.

Cons

They tell you, you will only be onsite to train for 2 weeks and the rest is at home. Well that is a lie.. they make you come back onsite from time to time to train. The training is horrible. No one knows what they are doing. You ask a sup, or t2 and they don't know. You ask them what department takes care of this.. No one knows. They promise you a pay raise after you get trained in other areas.. That's a lie. Been trained in three different department and still no pay raise. They ask what hours you want to work, then after training you get one full week to actually work your schedule then it changes. Was working 4 10's, now I have to work 5 8's. You don't get coached for anything, because your sup has to coach everyone, and they don't have time. The tools are a joke, nothing works. You have to follow a horrible knowledge base when taking a call. And half the questions you have to answer are unrelated, or the tool for that question is not working. But yet you will get a QA, if you don't notate that their tools don't work. Chat is a joke its all people in the Philippines and they don't understand anything you are saying. Work here at your own risk