Starbucks - Team association and benefits are exemplary | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

"Team association and benefits are exemplary"

Pros

The benefits exceed industry average.

Cons

The hours can be a bit unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Devote more time to cleaning machines

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

1. "Not what it used to be"

Former Employee - MIT
    Former Employee - MIT

I worked at Starbucks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Ability to work worldwide.

Cons

Your job enjoyment is dependent on who you work with and for.

Advice to Management

Make sure your district mgrs are doing/telling the right things. This person has huge impact on an employee's enjoyment, performance, and experience w/ Starbucks. If I'd had a good one, i'd probably still be at Starbucks...

"Company overall is great. In-store experience is a toss-up."

Former Employee - Barista
    Former Employee - Barista

I worked at Starbucks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company at large has excellent environmental standards, ethical standards, health safety reviewers....they care. 401K option, health benefits....free coffee, free drinks.
    On a company level, it is an excellent place to work. It is the microcosm that is varied.

Cons

The things regional directors look for in store managers are everything that is not important when it comes to working with people. I started with a wonderful store manager, who cared about us (baristas) as people, and then we got a new manager. This person was excellent at watching the bottom line, pushing coffee sales (the most annoying part of the job), and cracking down on minor dress code violations. PLUS they watched 'available hours' to see what hours they could schedule people - and made sure an army vet was not eligible for health care, because of the policy that you have to have 70 hrs available to work part time. Everyone I worked with felt that $8/hr was not enough to care about everything that this person picked on. Starbucks wants world-class customer service, but when your boss cares more about the bottom line than the people working for them, it is totally not worth it.
    I quit the manager, not the company. Good manager: great experience (still low pay). Bad manager: horrible and totally not worth it.

Advice to Management

Our store 'customer service' rating dropped from being the best (by 20 points) in our district to 70% or so because we got a manager who did not know how to respect and support and work with the people that had been working for the company longer than they had.
    Find a way to foster emotional development and growth in store, district and regional managers (so they don't take their bad days out on their baristas - who are with the customers). Create policies that care about the people working for you, not just those who farm coffee. If you want world class customer service, you should pay for it.