Starbucks - Blood, Sweat, and Laughing Tears | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

"Blood, Sweat, and Laughing Tears"

Current Employee - Barista in Lone Tree, CO
Current Employee - Barista in Lone Tree, CO

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great environment overall a good company to work for. Good development of employees. Feedback given both informally and formally in the form of six month reviews. Gives you are chance to know what areas you are doing well in and which areas to improve.

Cons

Understaffed. Calling in sick is basically non existent when you are a barista and especially if you are a shift supervisor. Dealing with difficult customers is a given because you are controlling their caffeine intake for the morning but you can develop some lasting friendships and good connections with both co-workers and customers

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

1. "Starbucks has treated me well, despite management changes"

Current Employee - Barista in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Barista in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starbucks offered me a quality training program, flexible scheduling, and competitive benefits for a mere 20 hours/week. My coworkers and managers were genuinely nice people. My store was located in a financial district, and it helped me network for a different job after I finished school. Even if I didn't immediately take a different position, I would feel comfortable at working for the company in a separate capacity after graduation.

Cons

Being a barista is a customer-facing job, and there can be a lot of obnoxious people. Sometimes I would be scheduled for hours in sporadic increments (35 hours one week, 10 the next). It took a while to feel comfortable making consistent beverages.

Advice to Management

Offer more resources to partners interested in joining "Corporate Starbucks."

2. "Ehhh..."

Current Employee - Barista in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Barista in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, free coffee or free tea markouts every week, plenty of opportunities to get hours, and looks great on a resume

Cons

People can be rude or annoying but that's everywhere you go. They are also kind of cheap when it comes to the raises. Tips can be bad too depending on which store you work at.

Advice to Management

No advice needed, they are good at what they do.