Starbucks - Great company that focuses on not only the customers and environment, but what they do. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

"Great company that focuses on not only the customers and environment, but what they do."

Current Employee - Barista in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Barista in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits and if you are a full-time college student, like myself, it is a great job in which you can move up the corporate ladder.

Cons

You smell like coffee, if you are a Barista.

Advice to Management

Make Starbucks more of a warm coffee shop that people where people want to stay and enjoy. Have books, have a fireplace, make it lively yet cozy.

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

1. "Yes, it really is an awesome company to work for."

Current Employee - Barista in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Barista in Irving, TX

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-People are FUNKY! And so fun, at least at my location.
    -You're a part of something caring and great and people love it, I mean yeah I don't value the syrups and stuff, but I choose not to drink it.
    -benefits of course.
    -you can transfer ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, if they have a spot for you, I might transfer to France eventually!
    -super flexible scheduling!

Cons

-Once you move up, it's all about keeping yourself moving up, not a fan personally, but for some that's what they want.
    -The clientelle can get bitchy, but they just want they signature drink.
    -I wish the company would carry through utmost quality that they have with a lot of things with EVERY thing, but considering how big the company is...it's understandable.

Advice to Management

Hmm, not much really, just keep improving product for the better of the client, organic, local, a bit of a day dream, but a possibility in the future.

2. "Favoritism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Barista in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Barista in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Starbucks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love coffee, but I also love work some where that I enjoyed to visit. I really liked the culture at Starbucks and I also loved the benefits that they offered their partners.

Cons

The pay is horrible!!! I only got paid 7.35 per hour, but I was able to get a full-time schedule. I disliked the favoritism and the management was awful.

Advice to Management

I hope that Starbucks will become more diverse in the near future and create opportunities for all "people".