Starbucks - I loved working at Starbucks! There were a variety of people who worked there and we all got a long great! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

"I loved working at Starbucks! There were a variety of people who worked there and we all got a long great!"

Former Employee - Barista in Andover, MA
Former Employee - Barista in Andover, MA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with. The tips were amazing, my house was overstocked with free coffee bean/tea received per week, and although I never really got to use the health benefits, it was great to know that it was there for me to use!

Cons

Sometimes I felt as if the manager or assistant manager were not capable of their job. They would be great at dealing with customers but would occasionally forget to order an item or come in late.

Advice to Management

none!

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

1. "Learned a lot"

Former Employee - Barista in Tualatin, OR
    Former Employee - Barista in Tualatin, OR

I worked at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn to work in a very fast pace enviroment

Cons

Customers can be a pain

Advice to Management

Pay employees more for less turnover.

2. "Good stepping stone"

Current Employee - Barista in Newport Coast, CA
    Current Employee - Barista in Newport Coast, CA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, people interaction, tips on top of hourly pay, can transfer to multiple locations in the event that you move.

Cons

High turn-over, fast-pace can be overwhelming at times (my store does 600-700 transactions per day), managers will possibly change your hours the week of with one or two days notice and you'll have to drop your plans to compensate.

Advice to Management

Be upfront and manage your employees. Praise them when they do the right things and reprimand them when they do the wrong things. Multiple times I have been shorted tips ($20+ and we usually only make about $50 in tips) with upper management claiming that they can not do anything about it. Except as a manager it's their responsibility to have a conversation with the person distributing the tip money and resolve the issue. I would have left long ago if this job weren't in walking distance of my house.