Starbucks - 7 year certified Barista | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

"7 year certified Barista"

Current Employee - Barista in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Barista in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Every store is different but the ones that I have worked at have an amazing team atmosphere. My partners usually become my best friends. At Starbucks we are suppose to provide a "second home atmosphere" and I truly feel that way when I am working with my team and I know that they'll always have my back. At first, training was very stressful and an information overload but once I got to get my hands dirty, it was all muscle memory from there.

Cons

Obviously the rude and outrageous customers that you can only say "yes" to. But being with the company for as long as I have, I just see them as challenges I get to conquer. You can't please everyone so they best way to deal with it is to "kill them with kindness" and move on and focus on the customers that you do love & that make your day when you see them.

Advice to Management

In my experience, management has been really good to me. Great training. Great opportunities to move up in the company. Great benefits. Flexible hours. Corporate management has been understanding (most of the time).

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

1. "Something new."

Former Employee - Barista in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Barista in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free drinks while on shift.

Cons

Not enough team building with co-workers.

2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Barista in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Barista in Louisville, KY

I worked at Starbucks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starbucks has a great atmosphere & culture. You can also receive health benefits working part-time. Fun, fast-paced environment. It is fun to learn about the coffee & products.

Cons

Early hours and sometimes the morning rush can be a little crazy. Some of the new partners that started after me thought that learning how to make the drinks was overwhelming, but I thought the training schedule was fine.