Starbucks - Starbucks is as close as I can get to a chill fair trade local coffee shop job right now. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

"Starbucks is as close as I can get to a chill fair trade local coffee shop job right now."

Current Employee - Barista
Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros

There is always something to keep you busy. Employee benefits are great, and I make a lot more in tips than I expected to. Co workers vary widely in age. I am a high school senior and am the youngest employee. Energy is high and dull moments are limited. I'm sure having this job at a young age will help me in the future.

Cons

Since I am young, I feel as though management takes advantage of my "naivety". When hired, I was promised 20 hours a week, but am now alarmed to be given 4-15 hours per week more often than not. The strict "playbook" takes out a lot of the creative aspect of a barista job.

Advice to Management

Do not hire minors just to look good in the eyes of your boss. You have to give them their fair share of work. Turn the music up and stop taking everything so seriously!

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

1. "Great place to work at"

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros

fun environment, mostly friendly customers

Cons

Customers can get pretty anal about their drinks

2. "My time at Starbucks was great."

Pros

The workers are great. The customers are friendly. The speed of service you have to deliver is a great experience.

Cons

If you're not a morning person some of the working hours may take time getting use to, but the over all job had no cons to me. It's a great place to work.