Starbucks - Love this company! | Glassdoor

"Love this company!"

Current Employee - Barista
Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that I worked with were usually the best part of the job. There are also wonderful benefits. The company overall sends a great message.

Cons

It's non stop work, but that makes the day go by faster in the end.

Advice to Management

I've worked under a number of different managers, and they all have different management styles. Overall I loved my managers because they were hard working and led by example. My advice to the others would be to not forget what it's like at the bottom. I think it's important to promote from within at a job like this too otherwise it's too overwhelming for new managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

"Supply Chain Planner"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Planner in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Planner in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of passionate, young professionals in the company. Very big on getting partners immersed about its coffee offerings. Work life balance has improved over the recent years. Overall, an interesting company to work for, as they have roles unique to the retail store business vs. other major consumer good companies.

Cons

Operates similar to a start up where everyone has their own ideas of running things. There is some chaos due to constant change up of existing business processes. If you enjoy that type of environment, this may be a good company to work for.

2. "Decent"

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Decent Pay
    -Decent Benefits
    -Tip is usually good if you have lots of nice customers
    -Good first job to start
    -Starbucks always have customers wanting coffee, so you don't have to be bored I guess.
    -Routine, Moderately flexible weekly schedule

Cons

-Very high amount of work with cleaning ,setting up the store, dealing with customers.
    -Low requirements to join Starbucks (I've known people with criminal records join Starbucks)
    -You have to deal with many rude and disrespectful consumers usually in the morning
    -In my opinion and knowing co-workers work for years and years, Starbucks not a good job to stay in.
    -Shifts require you do a lot of work, you usually end up staying past your shift. You may or may not get paid for overtime.