Starbucks - Starbucks---great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

"Starbucks---great place to work"

Current Employee - District Manager in Parsippany, NJ
Current Employee - District Manager in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Great people working together to make a difference in the communities we serve. Awesome benefits package--work 20+ hours a week and eligible for medical, dental, vision. Stock options for part time workers! Pound of coffee a week, 30% discount on store products. Learn how to run your own business----an MBA in business management!

Cons

the recent layoffs-----don't feel very secure!

Advice to Management

There is going to be a mass exodus from Starbucks because of the recent, but necessary, actions taken to remain profitable. Feedback would be------who was watching the past few years while we put stores in dumb places & ultimately will close them because of those decisions? CEO should be focused totally on SBUX and not investments in Kinetix and Pinkberry, etc....

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

"Ignorance is bliss, the rank issues of the company wafts up the chain of command"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Tampa, FL

Pros

Work environment, team building, social interaction/friendships

Cons

top down regional/district mgnt style can kill the mood of some stores especially if you don't have a good store manager

Advice to Management

In my personal experience the district and regional mgmt team make poor decisions, mainly because lack of "instore" experience one of our dogmas is to purvey an experience to our people we if we do our job right become a part of our customers lives and meaningful parts at that. But i have yet to see a good district level manager who "gets" the experience on both sides of the counter and who can communicate their alleged skill and talents in business in to real successes both in team building and fiscal responsibility as well as longevity with the company, they are too many steps removed, they don't care about the details, but results and now more then ever.

"Starbucks used to be a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

The medical benefits are pretty decent becuase you only have to work 20 hours a week, and the package is cheap. They are raising rates this year though. They also allow you to have a flexible schedule if you are a student, or just want to work part time, but they are starting to change that rule and make employees be available a certain number of hours per week.

Cons

The incompetence of the store manager is really wearing on all the employees. I think the DIstrict Managers should watch over stores more, and realize that the store managers lie and cover their tracks, while making the employees lives a living hell!

Advice to Management

Investigate what is really going on at your stores! Also, I believe the company needs to concentrate on coffee, and not Vivanno smoothies and Frappuccinos. Last time I checked, the company was called Starbucks COFFEE Company.