Starcom MediaVest - Good company culture and attempts to build community. Serious about client work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starcom MediaVest

"Good company culture and attempts to build community. Serious about client work."

Current Employee - Media Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Media Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Starcom MediaVest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young people, good accounts, media perks, great downtown location, employee social events

Cons

low salary, long hours at times, work can be repetitive

Advice to Management

I love your interaction with the rest the company. Keep promoting a fun culture where employees feel comfortable and are able to learn.

Other Employee Reviews for Starcom MediaVest

"Great work life, but management makes decisions based on computed insights without asking those who it actually affects."

Current Employee - Junior Media Planner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Media Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at Starcom MediaVest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are really great, and it's extremely fun to feel like you are working with your friends.

Cons

Management is not transparent, and you have to all but threaten to leave to move forward.Management also doesn't do a good job of communication with employees who have direct relationships with brands.

"7 months as a freelancer, and they hire someone else for my job"

Former Contractor - Freelance in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Freelance in New York, NY

I worked at Starcom MediaVest as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Rep perks, company encouraged employees to explore something new (Experience Days), free beer on Friday

Cons

I accepted a freelance position here after being told there was a strong chance it would turn permanent after a month. 7 months later and they told me not only were they not going to hire me on full time, they hired someone else to do the same job as me because they had more "applicable" experience. Any company who would rather put the effort into hiring someone new versus keeping on someone who already knows the process is incredibly stupid from a business standpoint. I knew another freelance employee at the company who was in the same deal (was told this was a temp-to-hire opportunity) and they didn't receive an offer either.

I wonder if they did this because I had a hard time picking up the account I was on. Unfortunately, I worked for a Supervisor who gave poor instruction on projects and brushed me off when I needed help. The next person hired is going to have to go through the same thing. On second thought, I'm glad I'm out of there.

Advice to Management

If you're going to hire a freelancer knowing they don't have the experience you require, then don't tell them you're likely going to hire them on permanently.