Starwood Hotels & Resorts - Internship Program | Glassdoor

"Internship Program"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts as an intern

Pros

Strong brand recognition and good fringe benefits

Cons

Limited compensation and limited exposure to operations

Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

1. "Sales Associate/Concierge"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lahaina, HI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lahaina, HI

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed helping guests with finding activities while they are on their vacation

Cons

Sales quotas/matrix challenging to fulfill. Employees get demerits if not meeting quota. 3 demerits your fired.

Advice to Management

Relax a little

"At first great, then you see the REAL management and are astonished with how poorly they treat employees!"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, great coworkers, informative training, amazing vision and great properties and standards as well as amazing rates for employee's at other resorts.

Cons

Don't allow you to take more than 2 days off in a row for your first year, not able to start using your PTO until your year mark. Below standard for wages, overwork and overstress employees. Do not care if you have a degree. My manager only had high school diploma and made 4x as much as me with no more experience than I had. Management is poor on communication and HR does not managers attendance. Manager was always missing or took advantage of "Medical Leave" this issue was presented on numerous occasions to HR and nothing was ever done. An extreme amount of turnover due to non negotiable wages. Not flexible with hours and you have to agree to be available Mon-Sun 6am to 6pm no matter what!

Advice to Management

Take account of your salaried employee's especially at the Scottsdale, AZ locations, senior management is flawed and very unprofessional. Focus more on Employee satisfaction than sales goals/sales associates. Discuss with corporate how employee's can take vacation as to not overwork their staff. Treat lower-importance employee's with more respect and consider them in the bigger picture within the company. Compensate higher wages and consider those who have an education as higher value than those who are without. We worked for that degree!

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Response

Nov 11, 2014 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing feedback on your associate experience at Starwood Vacation Ownership (SVO). We very much welcome the opportunity to hear from current and former associates on how we may be ... More