Starwood Hotels & Resorts - The hotel exemplifies New York City's culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

"The hotel exemplifies New York City's culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

They are a Union hotel, and you will have both Union Worker's benefits as well as Starwood Hotel brand's benefits.

Cons

As with most Union properties, the employee mentality and moral may not always make it the happiest of places to work in but most jobs are not 100% perfect so this is not so bad as long as you do your job, you should be fine. The management could use some training in fairness and professionalism.

Advice to Management

Your managers should be retrained and tested for the quality of their professional demeanor regularly because they often are the first people to bring a poor example of customer service to the internal client which are the employees that they manage.

Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

1. "Great property, great staff, low pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers have been fantastic, and the management team is really on point. I feel positive when I come to work and remain motivated to serve guests to the best of my ability. There's always something new going on, so work is rarely boring. The benefits package is also really affordable.

Cons

I can't pay my bills on the hourly rate 40hrs/week, so I've had to pick up a second job part-time to compensate.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Stay up to date on training, and promote from within when the employees are deserving. I've seen a lot of people getting stuck where they're at.

2. "Reservations Specialist"

Pros

Create memorably vacationing experiences from the comforts of home. The ever changing atmosphere that creates the excitement of working for an industry leader keeps you on your toes.

Cons

Frequent schedule changes and limited growth opportunities.