Starwood Hotels & Resorts - Starwood SVO IS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

"Starwood SVO IS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Good hot rates but still high for the average employee will never find $49.00 always higher, vacation benefits good when you start,2 weeks first year 3 weeks second year.

Cons

4 weeks vacation after 10 years, overworked and under pay. Yearly increases very low, managers state the company is not doing well. Fritz sends out quarterly earnings and it is the opposite. Higher Management gets bonuses, high salaries etc.

Advice to Management

Think about your people who makes the money for the company and are close to the owners . The little increase you gave the supervisors last year was a good gesture but did not place us where we need to be in the salary range. Your supervisors works diligently to make the agents perform at their best, they can only do so much if the pay is not good. Starting salary for a phone agent $11.00 for the last 7-8 years. Figure it out. Think about your agents and supervisors this year 2014. Share the wealth and people will stay with the company. Send your team from CT to talk to the call center associates,supervisors and resort associates you will get the answer. Care more for your employees well being it is part of the culture and values which you are not delivering. Upper management in Orlando do not care.

Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

"Good intentions"

Current Employee - Vacation Services Coordinator in Lahaina, HI
    Current Employee - Vacation Services Coordinator in Lahaina, HI

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

. I make a full-time income and only work part-time hours. Starwood offers great benefits with Hot Rates, stock options, medical & 401K.

Cons

It's difficult to get a good schedule unless you have been here for a while.

Advice to Management

Our hotel has so much turnover it makes it difficult for the employees that stay more than a few months. The upper management will frequently discontinue a job, let the manager go and within a month bring in a 30 something to replace them at a much lower pay rate. My advice to upper management... If you find good people keep them in place your employees and the guests at the hotel will be much happier.

Upper management came by and told us they are still at the same profit margin as they were when sales were at their peak! In the last 5 years they have consistently cut all of the employees pay! Hello???! did you think we wouldn't figure it out? That you are making money while your loyal employees are choking. This makes it difficult to have a good attitude towards upper management.

"Terrible"

Current Employee - Guest Services Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Guest Services Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leaving to go home and working with my direct reports

Cons

high stress, low pay, long hours, 30% lower pay the competitors, Plan to work 430pm to 1 am with Tuesday and Wednesday off, no work life balance, very high turnover, out of a 1000 employees maybe 8 have been working there more then 7 years. insurance is terrible, take over 100 calls a day. even supervisors, company reactive not pro active like a billion $ company should. Instead its run like a 7 - 11

Advice to Management

Spend time with each dept. Most of you have no idea what your employees do. You are very out of touch from the lower senior management to the upper, the current director is the worst leader I have ever worked under, Trust ME AVOID THIS JOB