Starwood Hotels & Resorts - I really enjoy working at the Westin, especially all the knowledge I acquire on the job, and the people I work with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

"I really enjoy working at the Westin, especially all the knowledge I acquire on the job, and the people I work with."

Current Employee - Valet Cashier in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Valet Cashier in Detroit, MI

Pros

The pay, the atmostphere, the employee discount, the relaxed and friendly atmosphere

Cons

The employee parking accomodations aren't up to par.

Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

1. "We are on a Journey and we are going places."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

Pros

The company has a vision, which is clearly articulated and delivered. Senior management communicates with one voice. We have the best up scale and upper -up scale properties in the world.

Cons

The Company is still growing and it will take more time for us to achieve our goals and some people are not willing to wait.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold everyone accountable for The Journey and be willing to take a stand and let employees know if they are not meeting the expectation.

2. "After years, my loyalty meant nothing when it came to dealing with incompetent upper mgmt."

Former Employee - Platinum/Corporate Concierge in Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Platinum/Corporate Concierge in Lancaster, CA

Pros

Good Benefits, great hours and days off. Great places to stay. Some good people. Great Travel program and some opportunities to advance. .

Cons

If a bad employee is making SW money their bad practices are ignored. People with no experience are promoted to top positions which can cause conflict should an employee have a serious problem. The problem may not be able to wait for that person to get experience. HR is not call center friendly. If CEO visits, they only talk with one department and no one else.

Advice to Management

HR needs to be more involved, mgmt needs to be consistent, discipline should be consistent. When upper mgmt comes to visit they need to be more friendly to whole call center not just certain department. It takes all departments to make the business what it is and employees feel less than when they are not recognized at all.