State Farm - State farm Agency | Glassdoor

"State farm Agency"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL

Pros

Most Amazing Job in the World...could not be happier!! my first job and will be my last ... great people and great family

Cons

can be stressful.. alot of work.. alot of rejection but it makes up for it being a great atmoshpere love it!

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

"Excellent place for you to prepare for your retirement"

Current Employee - Analyst in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bloomington, IN

Pros

Hardly ever any layoffs. Little oversight from a share holder board (please check for ownership type information, you would be surprised). Company funded pension + 401k. So, there is little attrition. Good town for young families. Friendly with veterans and GEDs.

Cons

Low attrition makes nepotism very prevalent. Families work here for 2 or 3 generations. If you don't have high school friends here, you are at a disadvantage politically. Things move in glacier time. Education is seldomly critical. Ivy League types better not apply. Very risk averse. A lot of people show up for retirement rather than work. Once you come here for 2 or 3 years, you may find you become un-marketable out there. So, if you will come here, make sure you try extra hard to stay up to date about the outside market trends.

2. "What a wonderful place to work!!"

Current Employee - Insurance Account Representative in Breese, IL
    Current Employee - Insurance Account Representative in Breese, IL

Pros

There is no bigger reward than protecting the freinds and family you love . I take great pleasure in my job and finally know what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Cons

Getting to know the book of business takes some time, but once they know you.... you make lasting friendships!!

Advice to Management

Keep rolling out the great products and the advanced technology that helps us attain our goals.