State Farm - Best Internship Opportunity our there! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

"Best Internship Opportunity our there!"

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Bloomington, IL
Former Employee - Summer Intern in Bloomington, IL

Pros

The internship is a great opportunity to travel (if you're not from Bloomington), meet a TON of other students like you, and really get your foot in the door.
Almost everyone knows about State Farm, so adding it to your resume will make you have pride in where you've worked. The internship is great experience in any field, because there are so many departments within the company.

Cons

You have to be ready for the corporate-culture. The internship always starts off really slow (as does any internship) and then once you get into the swing of things, you will be working a full-time job. Once you have enough work to accomplish, the time will go by very quickly.

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

1. "Nice People - Odd Company Policies"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Capitola, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Capitola, CA

Pros

Friendly supportive staff. Cordial work environment. Upper management followed company rules so if you read the rules you knew what was expected of you.

Cons

We had to pay for the coffee in the break room, and the policy for sick days was very, very strict. If you missed one day without a doctors note, you were docked the days salary. Seriously, who goes to the doctor for a cold or other minor illness. The result of this policy was that people came to work sick. Which got everyone else sick. Very unproductive policy.

Advice to Management

A free cup of coffee goes a long way my friend when it comes to goodwill with your employees.

2. "State farm Agency"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL

Pros

Most Amazing Job in the World...could not be happier!! my first job and will be my last ... great people and great family

Cons

can be stressful.. alot of work.. alot of rejection but it makes up for it being a great atmoshpere love it!