State Farm - A good place to start and then advance out of | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

"A good place to start and then advance out of"

Current Employee - Underwriter in DuPont, WA
Current Employee - Underwriter in DuPont, WA

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, average 401k, average training, decent work hours (when staffed adequately)

Cons

Management lacks transparency, leadership is tight lipped about impending/inevitable change.

Advice to Management

Tell us the five year plans, the ten year plans, we are a commited and dedicated workforce and want to contribute now more than ever. When you blindside us with precedural and structural changes you lose us. If you tell us during planning and before we will help, we will learn, and we will do all we can to make the model fit for us.

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at State Farm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The support you receive from management is superb. I have worked in several different types of business and the support you receive is second to none.
    -Many people complain about no advancement opportunities however they expect just their job performance alone will get them promoted. If you look at all the managers, they are almost all involved in different committees and volunteer opportunities. Also you MUST be willing to seek further insurance education to advance. If you ever notice a managers business card or email they all have something like CPCU, ChFC or one or more of those designations. If you don't commit the extra time to your insurance education you wont get promoted, simple as that.
    -Opportunities to work all over the country. Many insurance companies may seem big but many not be in all 50 states. State Farm is so if you want to move to another state, there is probably some sort of opportunity there if you want it.

Cons

- Because of the company size change can be very slow. Many times the company can lag behind in technological changes that cost the company and therefore the policy holders tens of millions every year because the company either can't or won't change fast enough.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are the ones in the trenches each and every day. They are the ones who know whats wrong with the systems they use every day. Many employees can find ways to make things fast and more efficient if management would listen and take those comments into consideration

"Licensed along with 16 years experience"

Current Employee - Insurance Account Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Insurance Account Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very flexible on time off.

Cons

Understaffed, under appreciated for doing the agents job.

Advice to Management

Appreciate more the hard work that the employees have always put in even when short handed many times.