State Farm - College intern | Glassdoor

"College intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at State Farm as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company. It provides both 401k match and pension plan. Your salary may look lower than the competitors; however if u take into accounts of all fringe benefits, it has a lot to offer!

Cons

The internship program is a bit unorganized. However, since the AFO structure is being replace.... There's no more zone interns I guess?

Advice to Management

I want a headquarter somewhere other than Bloomington

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

1. "Team Member"

Former Employee - Team Member
    Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at State Farm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a agency team member you will gain knowledge in sales, insurance products and financial products.

Cons

Low pay for team members

"State Farm has a great corporate culture that promotes movement and growth from within."

Current Employee - Fire Claim Trainer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Fire Claim Trainer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

State Farm offers great opportunity to those who seeking a variety of roles and promotions in their career. There is a big push for continuing education, which State Farm will fund, to make you a continuous learner and more promotable for the next level in your career.

Cons

With the large amount of career advancement opportunity comes travel. Most promotions within claims require moving to another area/state for the position. It makes sense in some roles and others not as much, for example, a position that requires extensive travel, so why would it matter where you reside.