State Farm - Organically grown, organically known | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

"Organically grown, organically known"

Current Employee - Fire Claims Representative in Newark, OH
Current Employee - Fire Claims Representative in Newark, OH

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance, rapidly becoming a competitive employer, solid balance sheet, walk the talk they state

Cons

Have been slow to change, work atmosphere does not foster creativity, call center environments can be number crunching stressful

Advice to Management

Continue to push the rapid change and move the organization In the direction it is going.

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

1. "Great Internship Program - Not so great entry-level"

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at State Farm as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The internship program in 2009 for college undergraduates was an amazing learning experience, I was a marketing intern in the SF Bay Area. They paid for our company cards, travel to the internship competition and opportunity to present for corporate. Great experience learning about marketing strategy and how interact with executives! Heavy recruiting for entry-level positions.

Cons

Entry-level positions were only in claims roles that were not well paid or suited to any other interests.

"Laid back work environment, a lot of training, some comply with ethical and non discriminatory practice others don't."

Current Employee - Auto Claim Representative in Winter Haven, FL
    Current Employee - Auto Claim Representative in Winter Haven, FL

I have been working at State Farm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Motivating environment. Laid back, get to work in casual clothing. Many resources for learning and training. I would recommend this company, it is in fact good. Unfortunately, my experience led me to be a former employee. I know this is not the case nationwide, and for others that have been there for many, many years. Had I been part of another team, I would have stayed. Good benefits, good employee morale, and some good team managers that do genuinely seem to care.

Cons

Senior employees give a vibe that you have to earn your respect. Immature co-workers, as well as management that act as if you are in high school trying to get their approval as opposed to working as a team. As adults put your differences aside, respect other people's cultures, and watch what you say that may be offensive, that's my philosophy, also common sense! Give respect, get respect. If you treat someone less than you, then they will not respect you. Unfortunately, this is why I am a former employee. Pay was very low, therefore motivation was lacking. It was nice to work in a lax environment, especially when under pressure, but the laid back environment gave those the impression they could say what they want, regardless if disrespectful to others, or it could be that I was just working in a racist county in the State of Florida, notorious for the idealism that white people are superior. They do not allow you to telecommute. Well at least that claim's office, unless you handle more sophisticated claims, involving litigation dealing with injuries--auto claims.

Advice to Management

Assure that everyone respects others cultures. Try to provide an equal working situation, where not just those who are senior to the organization get to provide their input. Pay better money.