State Farm - good job, hard company | Glassdoor

"good job, hard company"

Current Employee - Office Staff
Current Employee - Office Staff

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Each independant agent is different to work for. Mine is great and I enjoy what I do as a whole and really have noo complaints about selling overall.

Cons

The claims process at SF is not a very friendly system. I do not think for as large as the company is they get back to people in a timely manner which makes for the office level a hard transisition because the client base looks at us for that service and we are left with little to no answers for them. Same with when underwriting cancels someone and the client wants to speak to someone, there is just nobody for them to talk to. It seems there are more cancelations anymore then there are happy clients.

Advice to Management

Look at the current clients happiness and satisfaction instead of getting that new client in the door. Keeping the ones you have happy and the word of mouth they will spread is equally as important as the new ones that will come in

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

1. "Claims Adjuster"

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Very professional and relaxed atmospher which allows creativity.

Cons

Too many steps to get to the end of the claims process.

"Micromanage Employee, Macromanage Work"

Current Employee - Claims Processor
    Current Employee - Claims Processor

I have been working at State Farm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary, really lax atmosphere, lots of potential OT. They monitor every little thing you do. However, since its such a big company...you are just a number so its easy to stay under the radar if you try. This could be a good and/or bad thing.

Cons

Way too many lazy people. Dealing with other peoples errors gets old real quick. Very poorly run diary system, if you've worked claims you'd understand.

Definitely need at least a Bachelor's degree to get a good wage. After that, they want add'l certifications ala CPCU especially. You won't advance unless you have continued education.

Advice to Management

Stop monitoring everyone thru numbers. The Remarkable thing to do is to view every claim not skim thru some and give "feedback" on the ones which you found errors. How about give "feeback" on ones where employees do a good job.