State Farm - Job Offer | Glassdoor

"Job Offer"

Pros

I was excited to be offered a position to go on to the next hiring phase.

Cons

I was offered $10.77 for the job. This is a job I have more than six-years of experience. They were not willing to negotiate. This is sad, because, they want negotiate salaries. How are people suppose to live of this amount of money? When I expressed I would take a pay cut, they were like, Okay, and on to the next.

Advice to Management

I would recommend you negotiate salaries with potential employees. What if the shoe was on the other foot. Would you want someone to start you out with a small salary?

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

1. "State Farm is an OK place to work."

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff members, customers, location, hours

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, no room to grow.

"Please look carefully who you go with"

Former Employee - Team Manager
    Former Employee - Team Manager

I worked at State Farm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady job, some nice people working there

Cons

Company is ridiculous increasing bureaucracy, ppl from corporate stop by the offices and pretend to be working, constantly hiring consultants who have ever sold or done anything productive. A sick tendency to increase meetings and useless policies. They ignore the competition and make promises to their shareholders, promises that implies manipulation and a desperate intend to sell Life and bank at any costs even manipulating people. Their training are based on exploring people's fear and object their concerns with more lies. Premiums are skyrocketing and keep going up. It takes over 30 minutes to get an underwriter or service on the phone when you do need it ,agents are mostly clueless and they just care about money, some of them even make false promises to their employees or think it is awesome to sell a lot and get paid nothing. You want good people, pay them fairly instead of wasting money in sponsorships that brings zero in return.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees fairly, don't hold pointless meetings that waste everybody's time, and don't micro-manage every single second--people who are under constant scrutiny are not productive.