State Farm - Not worth it at all. | Glassdoor

"Not worth it at all."

Former Employee - Claims Representative in DuPont, WA
Former Employee - Claims Representative in DuPont, WA

I worked at State Farm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay/benefits. Unlimited opportunities to work overtime if you're not concerned about work/life balance.

Cons

They talk a big game about work/life balance but as of the time I left their claims department there had been 2 consecutive years of mandatory overtime due to there not being enough workers to handle the workload.

They want to know when you go to the bathroom, every time. Close, unnecessary monitoring.

Advice to Management

Find better consultants.

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

1. "great experience"

Current Intern - Office Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Intern - Office Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at State Farm as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits and growth opportunities

Cons

everyone is like family work as a team

Advice to Management

great staff

"The 1950's ARE over."

Former Employee - Regional Marketing in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Regional Marketing in Tempe, AZ

I worked at State Farm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can stay there forever.

Cons

You can stay there for ever.

Advice to Management

Dear State Farm,
    In recent years it has come to my attention, via employment with the company (you), that you do not give a care in the world about people. You do care, however, about profitability, getting it right according to you and placing people who are blind, mute and deaf to everything other than what you and your people say.
    I was hired to do a job. I was then moved to do another job, unannounced and under the same title. I was confused and lost for a little while, until I saw through your tactics – common, as I know understand then to be from others who have worked for you for a long time.
    What you need to be aware of, is that it is no longer the 1950’s. People now are scientifically known to have individual strengths. It is a proven fact that diversity in knowledge and culture, when managed well, brings richness to the work environment and the bottom line – but, I worked for you; I don’t expect you to know this information.
    It is also common knowledge that customers want flexibility, time to think and prices that are competitive – again, not something I expect you to know. Still, you did a good job of circumventing people’s intellect by appealing to their emotional connections in your advertisements. Good luck doing that in the future.
    Communication is KEY everywhere else. This should be your motto. It is more reflective of your culture.
    I am proud of the work I did while I was working for you. I created efficiencies, opened up communication channels, saved you money and increased brand exposure all while creating cohesiveness across the people, departments and the company. I realize you don’t value those things, and so, to all that and more, I say good riddance.