State Farm - Working at State Farm was a learning experience and was personally a good place to gain some beginning experience for me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

"Working at State Farm was a learning experience and was personally a good place to gain some beginning experience for me"

Current Intern - Strategic Resources Intern in Champaign, IL
Current Intern - Strategic Resources Intern in Champaign, IL

I have been working at State Farm as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Provides a lot of training, super friendly staff, variety of projects to get different experiences

Cons

Can get boring since it is insurance, but the company cares a lot about developing you.

Advice to Management

It can get annoying being an intern at innovation ready and knowing that it would take a significant amount of time to get our idea through with the many barriers a company as large as State Farm has.

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

1. "Offered me the career opportunity of a lifetime and the ability to comfortably provide for my family."

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bloomington, IL

I worked at State Farm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work life here is what you make of it. Possible to successfully navigate the enterprise and build networks across product lines. Companywide learning and advancement opportunities for those agile and mobile. Management and peer encouragement to overcome obstacles, internal and external, and get the job done.

Cons

Seemingly constant structural organizational change and shifts in business segment focus can be a challenge as marketplace demands require perpetual adaptation.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture and utilize the talent and institutional memory of your senior employees.

"Leadership is confused and only interested in climbing the corporate ladder"

Pros

Used to be security. There's none if that now. Don't care about their employees at all. At all.

Cons

See pros. Corporate philosophy is all wrong. No security for employees Nd you are expected to relocate at the drop of a hat. What happened to loyalty?

Advice to Management

Pull your head out if your ass and realize the employee is just as important as the customer.