State Farm - Great Company Culture | Glassdoor

"Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Auto Underwriter in Dunwoody, GA
Current Employee - Auto Underwriter in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at State Farm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired under a year ago with no experience in Underwriting or insurance at all. I came from a retail management background and was looking for a career change. At the time, they were going through a huge hiring spree. I was ecstatic to get hired and went through 2 weeks of onboarding and 8 months in we are still getting constant training. This company invests SO much in its employees. We are basically getting paid to learn all about insurance, as most people I was hired with didn't have an insurance background either. The management, for the most part, is far. I've metsdozens upon dozens upon dozens of people who have worked for State Farm for 10, 15, 20+ years. And they all say for a boring subject such as insurance, they love their job because they love working for State Farm. Benefits are wonderful (401k match PLUS a pension if you retire with the company). State Farm is a Mutual company so we don't have shareholders to please. Just our customers. The company is investing miliions into new hubs in Atlanta, Phoenix and Texas and it's an exciting time to work for such a wonderful company. This company is #1 in the insurance world for a reason.

Cons

At times, training is a little overwhelming because there is SO much to learn, but it's basically learning insurance inside and out not only for free but getting paid to do so. The software we process cases on is very dated and glitchy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

"It is all about who you know... even after 25 years of service"

Former Employee - Technical Systems Analyst in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Systems Analyst in Bloomington, IL

I worked at State Farm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits.... but management stinks

Cons

It all boils down to who you know and if you become "FRIENDS" with your current boss. Management does not review people on their actual performance but on how much you are liked by your current boss. I've had numerous managers over the years and it all comes down to one thing "do they like you", if not your career is in big trouble.

Advice to Management

Rate people on their performance, not on how much your friendship means!

2. "Great leadership, decent pay, zero benefits"

Current Employee - AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER in Houston, TX

I have been working at State Farm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to sharpen sales skills, learn leadership and make an impact in peoples lives

Cons

Underwriting and time service issues that affect the customers. Unfortunately, the agent's office has little to no control over these issues, so they can make your job frustrating and can prevent your policies from getting issued

Advice to Management

Consider offering a more competitive benefits package