State Farm - Agent Staff Member--Great Company even better agent! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

"Agent Staff Member--Great Company even better agent!"

I have been working at State Farm full-time

Pros

I worked for and Agent and she was great. We were like family. But it depends on the agent you work for. My agent paid for our health insurance, 401k matching and life insurance. She was one of few. Most agents don't. Our office was opened late and on Saturdays but we would always take off for family things. You can make good $ if you sell your bum off. But it depends on the commission structure of the agent.

Cons

Potential for growth was slim to none. You're basically set in the same position with the same salary.

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

"Cant judge a company by its poor management."

Pros

Benefits, Discount's and co-workers, Great discount program, Great credit union

Cons

Management, Bipolar, Micro management, Harrassement.

"New Market TICA beware!!!!"

Current Employee - Agent Owner in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Agent Owner in Riverside, CA

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to "be your own boss" (but not really)

Cons

So many cons:
    * Low commission
    * Inexperienced Sales Leadership (a 3 year agent does not make a successful sales leader)
    * Expectations are not realistic
    * Saturation of the market with State Farm Agents - it used to mean something to be a Good Neighbor, but now if you are willing to spend your own money they will hire you
    * Costs going up to be an agent - more items that you need to purchase including brochures, etc…
    * Really just a glorified employee - yes you are your own boss, but really only when it comes to spending your own money to benefit State Farm
    * NO ownership of your book of business

Advice to Management

Rethink how you are growing your agency base. Don't put "leaders" into positions just because they had a few good years as an agent - this does not make them competent leaders . LIsten to your agents and give them time to grow their agency - don't spit them out after 1 year because they have not grown as fast as you would like. Too many people getting into the agency side just to become sales leaders. Don't you want more 20, 30, 40 year agents?