State Farm - Great internship program | Glassdoor

"Great internship program"

Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Bloomington, IL
Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Bloomington, IL

Pros

A great internship program and good overall experience
Very laid back atmosphere
Casual dress code
Flexible work hours

Cons

INEFFICIENT and wasteful as a company (In how they use their resources)
Boring
Few short term opportunities, only employees who stay for 20+ years are really rewarded

Advice to Management

Start acting like a publicly traded company. Stop the waste and inefficiency.

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

1. "Sales/Service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Working for small firm has its advantages, close family atmosphere & flexibility.

Cons

Highly influeced by ability to make sales

Advice to Management

nope

"Glad I don't work in ACC"

Current Employee - Claim Representative in Concordville, PA
    Current Employee - Claim Representative in Concordville, PA

Pros

I've been with the company for 20+ years and have watched all the changes and have been displaced to an operations center. My job is okay, we have been going through additional changes and inventories are increasing but we will survive as we always do. I do feel dearly for my counterparts in ACC, I don't know how you do it. Shift, Shifts and more Shifts!.
    Pay appears comparable or slighly higher, benefits can be expensive, raises appear better than our competitors but are nothing to write home about.
    I wish we could could go back to the old days when we had service centers. It seemed much more personal for the insured. Instead we dress like a bunch of slobs and sit in cubes and wait for the next oppurtunity to sound professional!
    Overall, its not bad, but could be better, I guess not for the bottom line. PS I have an excellent supervisor and that makes a world of difference, trust me I have had all types over the years.
    Attn Agents!!! Sell, Sell, Sell, all our lives are depending on it. Alot of companies are changing their agency contracts. Progessive is cancelling, Nationwide & Farmers cut renewal premiums, etc. Watch out or you will be next....ie"write and bind"!

Cons

What happened to the good ole days? I just hope another reorganization isn't down the pike. Lots of rumors though!

Advice to Management

Figure out away to bring premiums down to a competitive rate without always stealing from operations! If we don't deliver the service, you won't have any policyholders even if we are the cheapest and crappiest.