State Street - Great launching pad coming straight out of college | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Street
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

See Most Recent

"Great launching pad coming straight out of college"

Star Star Star Star Star
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Current Employee - Associate II in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Associate II in Sacramento, CA
Doesn't Recommend
Neutral Outlook
No opinion of CEO

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-excellent training program (financial products)
-opportunity to cross train and experience broad range of services
-pleasant work environment
-financial services experience transferable

Cons

-inexperienced managers (lack soft skills, likely to micro manage)
-pay isn't competitive

Advice to Management

Invest in people by providing and focusing on management skills.

Other Employee Reviews for State Street

  1. "Great work life but very low pay"

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Portfolio Administrator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Portfolio Administrator in Boston, MA
    Recommends
    Neutral Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I have been working at State Street full-time (More than a year)

    Pros

    - Work life is great
    - Depending on your team, atmosphere is great
    - Generally young staff which is great for networking

    Cons

    - Can be very dull and mundane
    - Low Salary
    - Depending on your team, atmosphere can be horrible

    Advice to Management

    Turn over is very high, everyone who works there is looking for other jobs. To keep quality and hard working employees - increase wages.


  2. "Stay away, if at all possible"

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Kansas City, MO
    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO

    I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 3 years)

    Pros

    - Laid back atmosphere
    - Good mix of employees
    - Good work/life balance, flexible scheduling
    - Facilities are great

    Cons

    - They provide absolutely 0 incentive for talented individuals to stay on-board
    - Work is about as mundane as it can possibly get
    - Slowly devaluing their employees (lowering hiring requirements, decreasing salaries, making tasks as repetitive as possible)
    - 90% of management is clueless, and the other 10% are powerless

    Advice to Management

    Turnover rate is extremely high for a reason, the company as a whole simply doesn't care about keeping talented individuals within the company. On the rare occasion management is able to spot talent, they are usually powerless to do anything about it. The work is extremely mundane and repetitive, so you have to be constantly moving between groups in order to not get burnt out quickly.

    In the 3 years I've worked here, State Street has lowered hiring requirements from a bachelors to associates degree, lowered starting salaries by 10%, and revamped their business structure to be less client-facing and make things more of an assembly line function. Obviously this is their attempt at squeezing profits, but there has been a significant loss of talent recently because of it. Not to mention the pay to begin with isn't competitive at all.


There are newer employer reviews for State Street
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

See Most Recent

Work at State Street? Share Your Experiences

State Street
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or