State Street - Good benefits but not a dynamic organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

"Good benefits but not a dynamic organization"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits; Global organization; Some opportunity for advancement in certain areas of the company although many areas are stagnant and are cutting positions. Good flex opportunities and work/life balance

Cons

Low salary for Financial Services; Not much room for upward mobility for middle or upper management personnel

Advice to Management

Need to better develop middle management and create more opportunities for future leaders in the company

Other Employee Reviews for State Street

1. "Can I please have those 3 years of my life back"

Former Employee - Mutual Fund Accountant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Mutual Fund Accountant in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entry level position of a mutual fund accountant is fairly easy to get and provides a good foundation for experience in the industry

Cons

It is completely luck whether you get a disgruntled manager or not. I have had 3 different ones within the company and only 1 was good, the other 2 made the job unbearable. It's not somewhere where people care that they work, it's somewhere where you end up realizing you should move on from. I can tell you, you will print out about a forest worth of paper over your career and consequentially set it aside in a box where it will sit. They will climb the walls of the office and storage rooms and eventually be taken away. Most days I often thought I was making someone a good chunk of money with all the derivatives and options I would book, but it was merely at my own expense.

Advice to Management

Do not pretend to be a manager until you know how to do every fund in the group that you are managing.

2. "Good place to gain experience or retire!"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Irvine, CA

I worked at State Street full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good entry level place to get experience. Good place to retire if you have no ambition and don't care about career growth.

Cons

Salary increases are pathetic. No opportunities for growth. Management is always looking to give you a rating of 3 or less so they can avoid paying you a decent compensation increase. If you are liked by your manager, you get flexible work at home. If you not liked by management, you have to come to work.
    Like to outsource to India, then hire the FTE's back as temp assignments at lower pay and no benefits when outsourcing fails! Pathetic...

Advice to Management

How's outsourcing to India going? Guess you got your fat bonuses eh? Can't believe PIMCO is paying for this pathetic mess.