State Street - A great place to start and get some experience right out of school. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

"A great place to start and get some experience right out of school."

Current Employee - Fund Accountant, Associate I in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Fund Accountant, Associate I in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a big company and the entry-level positions are quite stable. They have a great training program that gives you some insight as to what you will be doing on a daily basis. The training continues once you join the team you work for. As with any job, you continue to learn every day on the job and assume more responsibilities as you move forward.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is tough to move up in this company. The best chance is to work for a year and transfer to a different team. Upward mobility is limited within your team. The salary is quite low, but it is something to work with.

Other Employee Reviews for State Street

"Lots of Work for Little Pay"

Current Employee - Officer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Officer in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can work from home when needed.

Cons

Expected to work from home often off hours and for free. Company expects the world from its employees and pays much less than compettitors.Turnover is really high because no one is happy.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and pay a higher wage, if not keep watching turnover increase.

"Fund Accounting = Brutal Experience, stay away, even if you're desperate, stay away."

Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good name on the resume. I hear other departments other than Fund Accounting are excellent places to work, unfortunately I was stuck in Fund Accounting for a year.

Cons

-no transferable skills acquired
    -you learn very little
    -stay far away from Fund Accountant role, even if you are desperate for a job and get an offer from them as a Fund Accountant, keep looking for something elsewhere, it will be worth the wait.

Advice to Management

Take on less fund accountants and pay them more to do more work. the work is too spread out, i spent more than half of my day just staring at the computer screen.