State Street - overworked and underpaid | Glassdoor

"overworked and underpaid"

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

job security in a high growing area of the bank, commute to work is reasonable, ability to work independently within a small group

Cons

long hours and having to work every holiday. Not able to take total annual allotment of vacation, not able to get adequate resources

Advice to Management

allow merit increases to those who perform at a high level and whose salary is below the group average.

Other Employee Reviews for State Street

"Slave Street"

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have a good team, your days here could be bearable. Great way to learn the business right out of school. Decent benefits.

Cons

This company does not care about its employees. Turnover is extremely high and is getting higher as the continue to outsource every possible job they can to save a nickel. I think I could make more money at McDonald's if I worked there full time. At this company your just a robot brought on to complete whatever mundane task you're assigned. I am pretty sure they'll hire anyone. Not even kidding... As long as you breath you're in. Good luck moving up in this organization if you have any skill.

Advice to Management

Time to get serious with your human resource department. Let's hire fewer skilled people and pay them more. Quantity does not equal quality. Reward your employees and appreciate them. Some of the would like to make a career here. Instead they come here until they find a better job.

2. "Fund Accountant II"

Current Employee - Funds Accountant II in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Funds Accountant II in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance is good. I work from home so that is great especially with a young family. Downfall I am losing all my communication skills. Work with some good people at my level.

Cons

Just a job and pays the bills. Common theme among coworkers. Yearly layoffs which means additional work loads.

Advice to Management

Lacks communication. I didn't get a merit raise. End of year communication stated how well we have been doing. So much for that.