State Street - Good Starting Place | Glassdoor

"Good Starting Place"

Current Employee - Associate II in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Associate II in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a big corporation, looks good on your resume.

Cons

Pay is lower than at any other bank/financial corporation. Bonus is a joke. High turnover, smart people leave fast.
Worked in many different groups, most of the time promotions are earned by getting an offer from a different place, or being buddy-buddy with management.

Advice to Management

Find a way to create revenue, you cannot reduce expenses infinitely.

Other Employee Reviews for State Street

"The worst working experience of my life"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are here to play politics and unskilled with regards to the financial market then you can have a career, promotion and you can expect to reach the highest level that your incompetence can achieve

Cons

You can hide, do nothing and bring home you cash. The company is so poorely managed that none will realize

Advice to Management

Management cannot be trusted. They tend to promise you the moon in a one to one conversation and also over recorded phone call but when the time comes to deliver to these promises either they find excuses or they liquidate you screaming I DID NOT DELIVER. Poor management attitute from poor mannered people that thinks more about their pocket and are careless about customer

"Slave Street"

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have a good team, your days here could be bearable. Great way to learn the business right out of school. Decent benefits.

Cons

This company does not care about its employees. Turnover is extremely high and is getting higher as the continue to outsource every possible job they can to save a nickel. I think I could make more money at McDonald's if I worked there full time. At this company your just a robot brought on to complete whatever mundane task you're assigned. I am pretty sure they'll hire anyone. Not even kidding... As long as you breath you're in. Good luck moving up in this organization if you have any skill.

Advice to Management

Time to get serious with your human resource department. Let's hire fewer skilled people and pay them more. Quantity does not equal quality. Reward your employees and appreciate them. Some of the would like to make a career here. Instead they come here until they find a better job.