State Street - No Bonus, No Raise | Glassdoor

"No Bonus, No Raise"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Quincy, MA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Quincy, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great for people who want a career change or new grads- both to gain experience

Cons

horrible managers bring moral down, and provide nothing but stressful work atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Management is not excused from doing work. it's required that everybody in the group do their share of work and stop complaint. How is it that a senior associate manager has nobody under them to manage? that a waste of money.

Other Employee Reviews for State Street

"If you are looking for a great career, look somewhere else. If you need a paycheck it'll do for a short term commitment."

Current Employee - Fund Administrator in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Fund Administrator in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most Weekends off and a constant paycheck. If you like OT come to State Street.

Cons

Off Shoring of work, very little bonus or pay raises for Administrators. All promises of career growth without target delivery dates. If you want a pay raise, you better just accept it will be in the form of OT. Parking and and benefits whatsoever are at a high cost in comparison to salary. I worked at State Street for over 5 years and not a single promotion. I feel as if i wasted 5 years of my life.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. When an employee looks for career advancement, management should provide some real guidance.

2. "Good Opportunity - Not so great managers"

Former Employee - Client Services Associate I in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Client Services Associate I in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Room for advancement within SSGA, Friendly work environment, Facilties were good, Some members of the team would go out of their way to help teach new things. If you are liked you will get fast tracked to a senior position if not you have to work a lot harder for promotions.

Cons

Pay was on the low side of the industry, Management lacked the ability to deal with team conflicts, definitely some favoritism amoung employees. Very little movement between the broker and bank sides - no sponsorships given for professional designations on the bank side. Hard time to get moved over to the brokerage side even with managements help.

Advice to Management

Treat all people on a team equally - give everyone a shot at promotions and make sure there is enough team building/team morale