State Street - Great Pre-Production to Production Performance Assurance experience of Mission Critical Business Applications | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

"Great Pre-Production to Production Performance Assurance experience of Mission Critical Business Applications"

Former Employee - Software Performance Engineer in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Software Performance Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mission Critical Business Applications
Exposure to leading technologies.
Working with the Business in pre-production and production which enabled value add of Testing.

Cons

Orchestrating different priorities and timetables.
Large number of very complex Business applications.
Effort and time to become Fluent in Business Applications or to create Production-Ready scripts

Other Employee Reviews for State Street

1. "Resume builder, career killer"

Current Employee - Associate II in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate II in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work hours are not demanding and the day is almost always over before 6pm. overall for the hours actually worked the pay is decent. Great place to work right out of undergrad, but not a place to stay for more than a year or two.

Cons

Above the associate II level there is not much upward mobility. The pay is low, the raises and bonuses are insulting. Not much talent across the department. Anyone who has other skills will leave for other positions.

Advice to Management

figure out how to hire and retain employees with backgrounds which will help innovation of the services we provide.

"State Street is for those who can't find work anywhere else"

Current Employee - Fund Accountant, Associate I in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Fund Accountant, Associate I in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job to get.
    Job security is 99%. You pretty much have to try to be fired.
    Some groups allow you to work from home.
    You learn good skills like Excel, time management, multi-tasking, and how to look like you are working when you are not.

Cons

Pay is the lowest in the industry.
    Work is processing (clicking buttons) not accounting. You will not learn the fundamentals of accounting or any field for that matter.
    Management hires based of whether they know you or not and skills do not matter. I have a good reputation with everyone and could be promoted in a heart beat, but I'm not conforming to that ridiculous way of management. My current manager is not qualified for the job and she was just hired on. There are two others in my group who should have been promoted, yet they are not the most "popular". It's like high school at the company.
    Accounting/work becomes something you never want to do again.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and the good ones will stick around. You management is full of untalented individuals. Look for potential and offer rewards to good and hard workers and the talented ones like me may stick around instead of leaving for 20k more pay. Oh also, how about you seek better employment opportunities? Why do you want to be known as someone who works for State Street Bank and Trust? I'm writing this review and I still work here! I'll be gone in two months tops.