State Street - How about you be happy you have a good job? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

"How about you be happy you have a good job?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at SSB for a little under four years now and on a scale of 1/10, I enjoy my work about a 7. I work in a small team, for a wonderful boss and co workers. I, "posted" (applied for a new job within state street) out 2 times with two promotions since started here after graduating college in 2010. I have finally landed a great job where the work I am doing is interesting and useful. Lots of entry level fund accounting and client service positions at State Street which can be boring (and are the reasons for State Streets low score here) but they are ENTRY LEVEL. I started out in client service and as much as I despised it, it has taught me a lot. Pros: benefits, co workers (I've meet so many awesome people here who are sarcastic, easy going and positive), great locations no matter where you are located, great company to add to your resume.

Cons

Cons? The pay is "OK". They are way under the industry average. I found that by moving around a bit really helped my pay. Staying with your current position will get you a minimal raise and pay, (my opinion, could be different with your situation). Very big company, takes awhile to find your "place". Also, my business outlook and reccomondation to working here is positive.

Advice to Management

Nothing really. Maybe pay me a bit more as my work and dedication to the company warrants a weeeeee bit more money than I am making. However other than that, keep up the good work. Oh and obviously management is not reading my "advice" as I sit here drinking a bottle of 15 dollar wine on a Thursday night.

Other Employee Reviews for State Street