State Street - Team Oriented security evaluation group that was committed to 100% client satisfaction. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

"Team Oriented security evaluation group that was committed to 100% client satisfaction."

Former Employee - Pricing Specialist Associate I in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Pricing Specialist Associate I in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked how involved State Street was with the community and the city of Boston.

Cons

Lower starting salary caused a lot of turnover losing out on valuable personal.

Other Employee Reviews for State Street

"Zero regard for employees or their future."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time

Pros

Financial services experience.
    The ‘big’ name of State Street – (which meant more before everything became centralized or work was being constantly outsourced).
    Commute is good if you live in the city.

Cons

Disturbingly low pay; know your worth before you accept a job here.
    High turnover, unexpected and surprise lay-offs, not all but most managers I’ve met either don’t manage or horde knowledge. You have to dig deep, long and far to learn something new and relevant since all the work is divided into Centers of Excellence. Horrible employee rating system which is totally sewed. Overqualified people working monotonous jobs.

Advice to Management

Care about the people who work for you, fight for them, teach them, challenge them. Get to know their needs, wants, desires, career goals, how they work. START BEING A MANAGER!

2. "State Street OK Company"

Former Employee - Mutual Fund Accountant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Mutual Fund Accountant in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great training, learning environment with a flexible schedule if possible. Some areas offer a schedule where you can work 9 days and have another day off as long as you work the required hours. Many employees can work from home a few days a week if their responsibilities allow them to.

Cons

Not many opportunities to advance in some areas. Unfair job reviews that don't really properly evaluate your job performance. Over the 10 years that I worked for State Street I received a couple of reviews that I was very surprised about. Since I have an advanced degree I am more than qualified to perform the few jobs that I held in my years with State Street.

Advice to Management

Some persons are promoted that aren't qualified to hold these positions. This causes resentment among the entire team. Recently I have seen yearly layoffs that really didn't make sense since many teams are already overworked. They don't really target a specific type of employee but the older, higher paid employee is usually laid off at a higher rate.