State of Georgia Department of Human Resources - Economic Support Specialist I | Glassdoor
  1. "Economic Support Specialist I"

Former Employee - Economic Support Specialist I in Albany, GA

I worked at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pension fund 100% vested after 5 years and 401K with a company match of 5%. 12 paid holidays, large cubicles, access to just about everything about everyone (little computer security), 10 hours of sick days and 10 hours of vacation days every month. Can cash out unused vacation days when you leave the company (you will lose unused sick days). Unused days carry over to the next year.

Cons

Numerous data entry errors from Human Resources (name spelled wrong even though my file was submitted all typed), no one picks up the phone, no one returns your call. No cost of living increases. Customer service will really a joke. Seven minutes per call = 45 calls per day or you will not get a 3% merit increase in July. And responding to emails from supervisors and workforce management in less 1 minute while you...

Advice to Management

Stop hiring Economic Support Specialist II and promote your Economic Support Specialist I so they can get a $ 2000.00 increase that they deserve.

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2017-01-28
  1. "Tutor"

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Decatur, GA

I worked at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources for more than a year

Pros

Company goal was to help displace students and they paid well.

Cons

Child placement was interrupted if they were moved. Child should keep the same tutor.

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2018-07-06

"A hard journey to ride..."

Current Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits , pension, holidays, experience, people

Cons

Lack of communication No growth Feels like i joined the army No voice or opinion Leadership needs to change Stressful and sometimes hostile place No change due to rigid attitudes No HR Support No accountability for leaders

Advice to Management

Clean house so that DHS brand can be better, leaders too complacent or act like bullies. Visit your locations.

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2019-05-01

Discover more reviews about State of Georgia Department of Human Resources.