State of Georgia Department of Human Resources - If you're offered a job here, don't take it! | Glassdoor

"If you're offered a job here, don't take it!"

I have been working at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources

Pros

15 paid vacation days + 15 paid sick days + 12 paid holidays per year. This is the ONLY benefit to working here.

Cons

We received a 1% pay raise in July 2015 and a 1% pay raise in July 2014. Prior to that, the last pay raise was in January 2008 and I think it was 3%. That's not a typo; we went 6 and 1/2 years with NO pay increases!! In fact during that time we had 2-3 years of 5% pay CUTS in the form of mandatory furlough days. Starting pay is extremely low and you will never get a decent increase. The governor and legislature do not...

Advice to Management

Give a one-time 20% pay increase to all employees making $40,000 or less. Then give 3-5% pay raises every year to your excellent employees. Fire poorly performing staff and give them the opportunity to work somewhere else. Put your money where your mouth is and treat your staff like you value and appreciate them!!

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2015-07-03
    1. "Tutor"

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Decatur, GA

I worked at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources for more than 2 years

Pros

Company goal was to help displace students and they paid well.

Cons

Child placement was interrupted if they were moved. Child should keep the same tutor.

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2018-07-06

"A hard journey to ride..."

Current Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Benefits , pension, holidays, experience, people

Cons

Lack of communication No growth Feels like i joined the army No voice or opinion Leadership needs to change Stressful and sometimes hostile place No change due to rigid attitudes No HR Support No accountability for leaders

Advice to Management

Clean house so that DHS brand can be better, leaders too complacent or act like bullies. Visit your locations.

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2019-05-01

Discover more reviews about State of Georgia Department of Human Resources.